Leading insurance publication Health Insurance Daily has written a review of our recently launched enhanced WorldCare product. They gave our product a great score of 8 out of 10 and said:
"Now Health International’s review has focused on three key areas – adding simplicity, improving benefits and making pricing more competitive. That adds up to a significant change and one that should appeal to brokers and clients alike. It’s worth noting that the plan also includes a global concierge service and extended medical evacuation as well as the second medical opinion service. That’s in addition to a 24/7 hotline, access to crisis management consultants, travel safety alerts and even a daily news service. To an expat away from home, such services can be invaluable and help turn a simple insurance product into something even more worthwhile."
This review was originally published on Health Insurance Daily and can be found here.
Health Insurance Daily Product Review
Now Health International has enhanced its existing WorldCare plan, following what it says was its most comprehensive review since 2011. The changes include:
1) Simple annual deductible
* The enhanced WorldCare product is now based around a new annual deductible structure rather than a per medical condition excess.
* This simpler annual deductible approach aligns with industry best practice, and is intended to make plans even easier for members to understand and enable cost conscious customers to better tailor cover to their budget.
2) Increased benefit limits
* In response to feedback, a number of core benefits have been enhanced, including diagnostic procedures, renal treatment, chronic conditions and routine maternity.
* Diagnostic procedures: WorldCare Essential is now aligned with the other WorldCare plans to offer a full refund for in/day and out-patient diagnostic procedures, including MRI and PET scans.
* Renal Treatment: All four plans now offer a full refund for in-patient and pre/post-operative renal treatment. Following a market review, the benefit limit for out-patient renal treatment has also increased to USD 100,000 for WorldCare Advance, Excel and Apex.
* Chronic Condition Maintenance: A full refund for the maintenance of chronic conditions is now available with both WorldCare Advance and Excel.
* Routine Maternity: Routine maternity benefit limit for WorldCare Apex has increased by more than 16% to $17,500.
3) Added value services
Now Health International is introducing new partnerships to deliver a range of added value services which will be available across all four WorldCare plans, to meet increasing customer demand for a more holistic approach to international health insurance. These include:
* Second Medical Opinion via Interconsultation® from Best Doctors Inc, ensuring members get the right diagnosis and the right treatment.
* Crisis Management Service and health and safety alerts in conjunction with red24.
* Global Concierge Service team to support members seeking treatment overseas.
The plan offers four cover levels – Essential, Advance, Excel and Apex, a choice of three currencies and plans targeted at some specific territories.
A strategic global reinsurance partnership with Reinsurance Group of America (RGA), announced last year, has also enabled the company to offer sharper prices on select plans in certain markets.