Senior promotions for long term success

27 Aug 2018

Now Health International has today announced three senior staff promotions to support our ongoing global growth plans; the internal promotions also demonstrate our ongoing commitment to invest in our people and talent for long term success. 

Zahir Sharif, formerly Managing Director for the Asia, Middle East and Africa region has been promoted to lead the entire business as Managing Director – Now Health International. With 20 years of experience in the insurance sector across three continents, Zahir’s new global role will see him focus on delivering continued sustainable growth alongside our ambitious expansion plans.

Alex Dalton, previously Managing Director for Europe, has also had his remit extended to incorporate the Middle East and Africa region as well as operations at an executive level. In his new role as Managing Director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) & Chief Operating Officer, Alex will draw on his extensive operational and sales experience within the IPMI sector. He will be responsible for managing all commercial needs of the EMEA region and also focus on ensuring our operational processes are fit for purpose in the long term.

To support our ambitions to grow our footprint across Greater China, Francis Ng has also been promoted from Business Development Director for Asia Pacific to Sales & Distribution Director - Greater China. Fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese and with 10 years of business development experience in the region, Francis is well placed to understand the needs of our expatriate customers as well as our growing membership base of Chinese local nationals. Our Asia Pacific operations will continue to be led by Rob McIntrye, General Manager for Asia Pacific.

The promotions are effective from 1 August 2018.

Martin Garcia, Executive Chairman for Now Health International said, “Since launch Now Health International has grown from strength to strength, and as we continue to grow as a business, so too have our staff. These recent promotions are a reflection of the ongoing hard work and dedication of our management team, and I am confident that Zahir and Alex will continue to excel in their new roles as we enter the next phase of our growth journey”.  

Zahir Sharif, Managing Director, Now Health International, commented “I’m proud to lead such a dedicated and passionate team at Now Health International, and look forward to building on our continued success in my new role. We have ambitious plans for the future, including the implementation of our digital strategy which will continue to position the business as a leading innovator in InsurTech”.

Mr Sharif added, “We see significant opportunity for growth in Greater China which is why we have promoted Francis Ng to lead our expansion in this important region. Having successfully led our Asia Pacific Business Development team for two years, I am confident Francis will be able to further grow our distribution and sales channels across Greater China”.

Alex Dalton, Managing Director for Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) & Chief Operating Officer said, “Having been with Now Health International since launch I’m delighted to be taking on a broader remit which will enable me to further support our consolidation as a leading player in the market. Looking forward it’s vital we continue to deliver efficiencies within the business while meeting the ever-changing needs of our discerning global customers”.